Thursday, May 05, 2005

My Geelong-based interview.

Learn more about the town I live in by reading this little interview with questions asked by the k-rob.

1) Best place to eat in Geelong?
I am useless when deciding what to eat. Lately it's the lunch special at that curry place because I am poor. Shannon Pizza is an old favourite. Kev's van gets an honorable mention for being open when I walk home drunk.
2) CC, Sanity, Leading Edge or Bent Wind?
Bent Wind all the way ! I do like looking at CC's green upcoming release board though.
3) How do you feel about all the construction happening in town?
The bottom of James Street was a real shit to walk past for a few weeks. I'm glad I don't drive because Moorabool looked fucked yesterday. I'm glad the wooden penises have gone from the mall but those point metal things are just as phallic.
4) Kardinia Cafe or Texas Hamburgers?
They're both a bit out of the way :/ I pick Texas only because I can't remember the last time I went to Kardinia.
5) Favourite thing about Geelong?
The fact that it's pretty easy for me to get stuff shown thanks to the HUB and the Arts Alliance. Also I love the couches and the noodles at the Nash.
6) Favourite slang for Geelong? G-town, G-schlong, G-hole - any others?
I dunno. G-hole's a bit harsh but I totally understand it. G-town makes us sound cooler than we actually are. I'm going to start calling it the G-spot.

5 comments:

jasonturner said...

You know, I had never really heard of Geelong, consciously before.

When the Beautiful Manien and I were in Mexico there was a little grocery store (sort of in the middle of nowhere) called the G-Spot grocery.

Ive said...

Yeah I wouldn't expect anyone to have heard of us. We are pretty little.
1. It's actually a caravan.
2. Music stores.
3. I don't think anything's actually being built. They're just trying to make the streets pretty.
5. It's just a bar really but with comfortable couches and delicious noodles.

Anonymous said...

I should've asked you Ive, what do you think of the new manager of the nash and the cover charge? I think it's a whole lotta BULLSHIT. I'm lucky enough to have a pass given to me by a friend who's gone OS, but I truly think they had bigger crowds buying more drinks before introducing the $5 piece o' crap. Party poopers! boooo. Rant over.

That story about the redback in the wool from Geelong...GOLD.

Ive said...

Pablo !
Happy Birthday !
You're spending it posting on my site while drunk ?
k-rob
Yeah bullshit's the right word. We are so cheap we try and rush there before 10 even though noone else is there for another few hours.

Anonymous said...

What's a redback?