Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The Perks.

Quite often I get invited to openings and art related parties etc. I'm not important or anything, it's just that I'm in a small town and I know the right people. This is probably the biggest perk to doing what I do besides the fact that I'm doing what I love.
Well anyway, I've decided to start reviewing these things.

Tonight I went to the closing of some Arts Forum thing, where the artists of the city get together and whine about what needs to be done.

Boredom level :
Man, there was alot of repetative onstage talking. The smart thing was each table had paper covering them and two packs of crayons. It's so much easier sitting through speeches when you're drawing a pirate ship in crayon. My favourite thing I saw written on our table was "T.V. is art - Watching is best".
In an attempt to pass this off as a christmas party they also gave us bon-bons. I came home with two green lobsters, two spiders and a cowboy all on keyrings.
Food & Drink :
The first thing I got was a nice looking roll with a generous amount of ham. Only once I bit into it did I discover that for whatever reason it contained a slice of pineapple, seriously breaking my "keep fruit and meat" seperate rule.
The highlight was the chicken on sticks with some kind of mustardy sauce. I don't care what's going on with the other food, it can always be saved with either chicken on sticks or pizza slices.
Also worth noting that it was the first time I've seen scones as part of a food table. Are scones a christmas thing ? Or were these people trying to start some trend ?
Drinkwise I behaved myself by only having one glass of red wine, I just wasn't into it. I feel I should be apologizing.

So, the speeches were cancelled out by the crayons and the fruit in a roll was cancelled out by chicken on sticks.

Here's a photo of my friend and boss Dave's part of the table.



I don't know what's going on there. You can see my stuff is upside down at the top.

No comments: